Mystery Shopping Tells You the Real Story
It’s essential to know how your front-line staff is really performing. The experts at WISE offer mystery shopping services for an effective, unbiased evaluation of your tasting room or call center. We’ll tell you what’s working and what isn’t. Effective, invisible, and unbiased Mystery Shopping is impossible to do yourself. Our service keeps your team on track and focused on your mission.
Our program is based on the WISE Mystery Shopping Scorecard, which ensures consistency of feedback over time and is also a great tool for individual coaching. Mystery Shoppers can cover winery tasting rooms, tours, phone calls, club membership, and online shopping experiences. The WISE scorecard consists of more than 70 questions, and wineries may also add in their own questions if there are specific areas in which they would like more detailed feedback.
We recommend a full round of mystery shops per location three times a year. This rhythm gives wineries enough time to review the results, implement changes, and measure again. It is best is to get several data points within a short period – e.g., six shops on different days/times over a few weeks – to ensure different associates are shopped.
Our Mystery Shoppers
Our mystery shoppers are unbiased third-party industry professionals who understand WISE standards regarding guest experience, sales skills, and industry best practices. They are all WISE Certified Tasting Room, Wine Club, and/or Phone Sales Professionals. Over the past few years, we’ve conducted more than 5,000 mystery shops and have been tracking industry trends, which gives WISE a unique perspective.
Test your DTC channels with mystery shopping – WISE will give you an unbiased opinion on these DTC Channels:
- Tasting Room or Tour & Tasting
- Phone or Call Center
- E-commerce or Online Presence
- Wine Club
- Program Fee: $250, plus $250 per property, per program. Fee includes summary report of each program.
- Standard In-Person Tasting-Room Shop: $150 per shop or $200 if tour is included
- Phone Shop: $75 per shop
- Wine Club: $150 per shop
- Out-of-pocket tasting (or tour & tasting) fees for two & wine purchases (if requested) will be reimbursed at cost.
How it Works
- Download and fill out the form below to capitalize on this program. The information you provide on this form will allow us to better evaluate what aspects are most important to your winery.
- Submit this completed form to WISE along with a 50% deposit.
- WISE will review the form and send you a confirmation recapping all of your needs along with fee structure.
- WISE will send out mystery shoppers, compile and analyze the findings, and prepare your summary report.
- We will schedule a meeting to review our WISE Mystery Shopping results and summary report recommendations for your winery at the earliest mutually agreeable date.
- A copy of your WISE Mystery Shopping Summary Report as well as copies of the individual WISE Mystery Shopping Scorecard Reports will be delivered via email following the debrief meeting.